The Louisville ladder AA229G5 designed for providing a better reach and improved resilience for gaining access to storage spaces located at a greater height, such as for attic spaces, was designed to provide outstanding stability and support greater than average weights, allowing you to easily transport crates or boxes up and down the ladder.
This is one of the sturdiest low-cost ladders you will find. It features a durable and well-designed aluminum construction that you will find can support quite a lot of weight. Also, the ladder is an innovative, high quality item that won’t let you down when you need a strong and durable replacement for your old attic ladder.
Strong, safe and highly reliable, the ladder is also quite easy to install, and it comes with a lot of features that regular spring-based ladder systems are incapable of providing.
We found Amazon.com to have the best prices on all Louisville attic ladders including the Louisville ladder AA229G5. Click here to check it out.
Louisville Ladder AA229GS Elite Aluminum Attic Ladder Specifications and Features
- One of the best user-friendly features of the Louisville ladder AA229G5 is its higher clearance, which allows you to reach surface areas and transport various items more easily.
- The ladder can be installed quite easily on roofs ranging between heights of 7.9 to 10 feet. Also, the door offers a conveniently sized opening of 22.5 x 54 inches.
- Compared to other Louisville ladders, it also features a superior high grade construction which makes it more convenient, as well as reliable. Instead of a classic spring-based mechanism, it uses a gas cylinder system that allows for smooth opening and closing of attic doors.
- The latter features 3-1/4 inch steps that provide for greater stability, while preventing any risks or dangers when you climb up carrying supplies or boxes.
- It is rated at 350 lbs which is 50 pounds higher than most of the ladders you can find even at a higher cost.
- It also comes with adjustable shoes that make it easy to stabilize the ladder regardless of the type of flooring you have.
- You will also find that the Louisville ladder is quite easy to install. Decent instructions and installation videos are available, and the installation kit includes plywood shims, an EZ hang strap, 8-7/8 inch roofing nails and even the attic door itself.
- Also, an important safety related advantage is that the Louisville item uses straps to secure the box, as opposed to support boards used by other ladder manufacturers – some of which are not safe at all.
Louisville Ladder Reviews
One of the most frequently discussed aspects of the Louisville attic ladder is its installation. Commonly known to require at least two people, the setup itself can last a couple of hours, but most reviewers have commended it as being relatively simple and straightforward.
The majority of the people who have purchased this ladder sought to replace old wooden ladders with a sturdier, more versatile option. The Louisville rose to the challenge in most of the cases, with buyers claiming its low cost, resilient gas cylinder system and straightforward options for adjustable ceiling height were some of the main reasons why they had bought it.
Many reviewers also compared it to their older ladders, claiming the Louisville felt much lighter and more secure. Also, once it was installed in place, it provided better grip and a level of resistance that drove dozens of satisfied buyers to rate it as a top purchase.
Probably the only complaints about the ladder had to do with the fact that some buyers were unable to install the door frame into place accurately or that the wood panel looked a little less thick and resilient than you might hope for. All in all, however, the panel and the door are actually very resilient, and their lightweight construction will allow you to easily open and close the door – as it was pointed out by some of the reviewers who have owned similar attic ladders in the past.
For anyone interested in a sturdy and durable low-cost ladder equipped with all the necessary features and additions you’d need when accessing your attic, the Louisville ladder AA229G5 is one of the most efficient items available at such an affordable price, the many positive reviews written by past buyers clearly pointing at the ladder’s remarkable versatility.